Our Fehr & Peers team seeks a passionate and experienced transportation engineer to help us transform and enhance multimodal safety and mobility. This individual will engage in transportation engineering and planning studies with a focus on safety, while contributing to the company’s safety practice, research, industry advancement, and client relationships at the same time.
We’re looking for someone familiar with industry safety programs, policies, manuals, and guidance who actively seeks out the latest information, practices, and ideas for continual improvement. Successful candidates will have familiarity with Safe System, Vision Zero, systemic safety and data-driven safety analysis, and other safety planning concepts, as well as experience with Local Roadway Safety Plans and other safety-focused plan types.
This position will serve as a company-wide technical resource for state-of-the practice safety analyses, recommendations, and guidance on applying safety recommendations to meet the individual needs and goals of the diverse communities we serve. This position offers continual opportunities for mentorship and training staff in a highly collaborative and supportive environment.
- Managing projects and developing high-quality internal and client relationships
- Managing tasks for engineering and planning studies, with a focus on safety projects
- Managing direct client interaction and direct communication with members of the public through public engagement
- Marketing and bringing in new projects through nurturing client relationships and preparing proposals and interview presentations
- Mentoring and training colleagues while receiving mentorship from senior staff
- Contributing to R&D safety group by proactively providing advice to colleagues on safety-related questions, and advancing safety-related internal research efforts
- Advancing our national reputation in safety work by participating in conferences, publishing articles, and/or sitting on safety-related councils/committees
- 3+ years of experience in transportation engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license, or license in progress
- Ability to thrive in an environment encouraging initiative, vision, autonomy, and creativity
- Experience building leadership and growth through teamwork, collaboration, and inclusivity
- Familiarity with Highway Safety Manual concepts and experience in applying HSM methodologies
- Knowledge of safety countermeasure selection and design
- Experience leading walking audits or road safety audits with stakeholder groups in the field
- Ability to and experience with listening to and engaging diverse communities
- Experience with leading proposals and nurturing client relationships
- Experience with mentoring and training staff
- Additional Desirable Experience & Qualifications:
- Road Safety Professional (RSP) certification
- Participation in industry groups, research committees, etc. related to safety
To apply for this job please visit www.fehrandpeers.com.