The Fehr & Peers Denver office is dedicated to serving as a trusted consulting partner to our clients throughout the Front Range and Western Slope. We are seeking a Transportation Engineer who thrives in an environment that encourages initiative, vision, autonomy, and creativity; and seeks solutions through teamwork and collaboration. Our 14-person office enjoys exploring our city by all modes of transportation, collaborating on projects that excite us, and relax as a team over lunch, at a Rockies game, and at volunteering events. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Denver and has a fun, friendly, and flexible work environment.
- Analyze/solve complex transportation planning and engineering problems
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Use software effectively and make timely, informed recommendations
- Work on a variety of projects, which may include bikeway or traffic signal design, traffic operations simulations, traffic impact studies, safety analyses, travel demand forecasting, corridor studies, campus plans, and regional transportation plans
- Manage projects, delegate and supervise work, develop high quality client relationships, and market additional projects
- Participate in research and development initiatives to improve and advance operational and analytical methods in the transportation field
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in transportation, civil engineering, or a closely related field
- 3-10 years of work experience in one or more of the following areas: transportation planning, traffic operations (particularly VISSIM, HCS, Synchro), bikeway or signal design (AutoCAD, MicroStation), and travel demand modeling (e.g., TransCAD and VISUM)
- Comprehensive knowledge of transportation and traffic engineering principles/planning and practices (e.g., MUTCD, HCM, SEPA, NEPA)
- Professional license or certification – PE preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal relationship skills, and presentation skills
- Extensive successful project management, marketing and proposal development experience is highly desirable
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The pay range for this position in our Denver office is $86,000 – $110,000 annually. Placement within this range will be determined based upon geographic location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The following comprehensive benefit package is available to regular employees working 20 or more hours per week.
Medical: Employees can choose between several highly subsidized plan options, including a High Deductible Plan with company funded Health Savings Account, PPO and EPO/HMO plans. Specific coverage varies by plan.
Dental/Vision: Dental and Vision plans provide both in-network and out-of-network coverage at employee cost of only $1 per pay period for single coverage.
Life Insurance: Fehr & Peers pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D insurance, for coverage of $50,000. Employees have the option to increase coverage through a voluntary plan.
Disability Insurance: Short and long-term disability coverage of 60% of salary is fully paid by Fehr & Peers.
401(k): Fehr & Peers supports each employee’s retirement planning. The company provides a direct contribution to every employee’s retirement account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own personal contributions, and for those employees who choose to contribute personally we also provide an employer match. The magnitude of these employer contributions is based on the performance of the company. In 2022, employees who made personal contributions to their retirement account received an additional 25% in matching contributions from the company.
Mentoring/Career Development: Our robust career development program includes in-person training, customized coaching and mentoring programs, webinars and technical sessions on current topics in the field, and more.
Research & Development: We encourage staff to participant in one of our many internally-funded research and development groups, propelling innovation, creativity and enhancing the state-of-the-practice.
Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter and Biking Benefits fully subsidized up to the IRS limit, Voluntary Benefit Plans, Annual wellness reimbursement, Professional Licenses and Membership dues reimbursement, Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance programs.
Paid Time Off:
PTO: 13 days accrued annually to start, increasing to 18 days after 3 years of employment.
Holidays: 9 company paid holidays.
Sick Leave: Paid sick leave accrues at a rate of 40 hours annually for full-time employees, part-time employees accrue sick leave on a pro-rata basis.
Paid Parental Leave: Up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave provides employees with partial wage replacement.