Locations: California (Long Beach, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Roseville, Oakland, Orange County, San Diego, Walnut Creek); Washington, DC; Denver, Colorado; Salt Lake City, Utah; Dallas, Texas
At Fehr & Peers, we recognize that our design work has real-world impacts in the communities we serve. Our team of engineers, designers, and drafters collaborate across a wide range of projects, leveraging the latest software to deliver innovative designs of the highest precision and quality. We are seeking a Senior CAD Drafter to support project work as well as provide dedicated drafting mentorship and training to elevate our CAD-based deliverables companywide. We empower our drafters to make creative, dynamic, and innovative use of drafting software on a myriad of project types: from conceptual signal and striping plans to larger plan sets for our agency clients. This role will meet both internal and client needs and help to create stunning visual deliverables that differentiate us from our competitors.
The ideal candidate has a solid grasp of the fundamentals of plan preparation and CAD software, along with an eagerness to innovate and elevate our firm-wide design practices—including improving our standard templates and drafting methods. We offer a collaborative, inclusive, and flexible work environment with excellent benefits, along with robust professional development opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with a team of technical professionals, supporting day-to-day operations and forward-thinking goals by applying CAD-based design knowledge and skills to a range of engineering projects
- Contribute to companywide engineering initiatives that refine our CAD practices
- Mentor, train, and support staff on CAD-based software, plan preparation, and drafting best practices
- 4+ years of work experience as a CAD drafter, designer, or engineer
- Experience within the Civil or Traffic Engineering industry is highly desirable, but not required
- Degree or technical certification in drafting, engineering, or related field
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and Microstation, with a basic understanding of AutoCAD Suite and Projectwise
- Comfort in a dynamic work environment with a variety of staff at multiple levels
- Ability to train, mentor, and influence the work of others in a positive way
- Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to collaboration, and a creative approach to problem-solving
- Experience and/or interest in other software, such as Autodesk 3ds Max, Sketchup, Rhino 3D, Revit, GIS/CAD integration, or Adobe Suite (desirable)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The pay range for this position across all our locations is $70,000 – $90,000 annually. Placement within this range will be determined based upon geographic location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The following comprehensive benefit package is available to regular employees working 20 or more hours per week.
Medical: Employees can choose between several highly subsidized plan options, including a High Deductible Plan with company funded Health Savings Account, PPO and EPO/HMO plans. Specific coverage varies by plan.
Dental/Vision: Dental and Vision plans provide both in-network and out-of-network coverage at employee cost of only $1 per pay period for single coverage.
Life Insurance: Fehr & Peers pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D insurance, for coverage of $50,000. Employees have the option to increase coverage through a voluntary plan.
Disability Insurance: Short and long-term disability coverage of 60% of salary is fully paid by Fehr & Peers.
401(k): Fehr & Peers supports each employee’s retirement planning. The company provides a direct contribution to every employee’s retirement account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own personal contributions, and for those employees who choose to contribute personally we also provide an employer match. The magnitude of these employer contributions is based on the performance of the company. In 2022, employees who made personal contributions to their retirement account received an additional 25% in matching contributions from the company.
Mentoring/Career Development: Our robust career development program includes in-person training, customized coaching and mentoring programs, webinars and technical sessions on current topics in the field, and more.
Research & Development: We encourage staff to participant in one of our many internally-funded research and development groups, propelling innovation, creativity and enhancing the state-of-the-practice.
Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter and Biking Benefits fully subsidized up to the IRS limit, Voluntary Benefit Plans, Annual wellness reimbursement, Professional Licenses and Membership dues reimbursement, Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance programs.
Paid Time Off:
PTO: 13 days accrued annually to start, increasing to 18 days after 3 years of employment.
Holidays: 9 company paid holidays.
Sick Leave: Paid sick leave accrues at a rate of 40 hours annually for full-time employees, part-time employees accrue sick leave on a pro-rata basis.
Paid Parental Leave: Up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave provides employees with partial wage replacement.