Our San Jose office is in the heart of Silicon Valley and is home to a collaborative team of more than 20 transportation professionals, known for providing high quality service to our clients. We are committed to investing in our staff through training and mentorship, and also through a variety of social events, such as San Jose Sharks games, foosball, office social hours, and more. In San Jose, you’ll collaborate with a great mix of professionals that thrive in an upbeat environment and work together to create innovative solutions tailored to client needs.
In this role, you will provide essential administrative and project support to the office and company. You will also be part of a larger companywide administrative team that supports each other in professional development and shares similar and unique market experiences. This position is well suited for a candidate who is highly-motivated, proactive, personable, organized, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate approaches problem-solving with a positive attitude and finds ways to raise the bar and elevate efficiencies. If you create adaptable routines and maximize your stellar organizational skills, while balancing quality and timeliness, we would like you to join our team.
- Work with assigned project managers on project set-up in Deltek VantagePoint software and prepare monthly electronic invoices and progress reports within the standard billing cycle
- Review basic contract terms and requirements as they relate to project type and set-up
- Assist project managers and office leadership with tracking project budgets and financial metrics
- Serve as a Vantagepoint resource who can develop customized reports to assist project managers and office staff
- Request and process necessary forms such as insurance certificates, W-9, business certifications
- Plan, coordinate and produce qualifications, proposals, and presentations to ensure deadlines are met and proposals are compliant with the applicable RFP or RFQ submission instructions
- Solicit and coordinate information from internal clients, external consultants, and other team members for inclusion in proposal and presentation materials
- Assist with the preparation of final proposal deliverables including production and coordinating delivery
- Serve as liaison between office staff and Corporate staff
- Participate in our companywide administrative group focused on collaboration and enhancement of administrative services, sharing necessary information with the operations manager
- Perform typical office Administrator duties, which may include kitchen clean-up, organizing events, welcoming guests, etc.
- Coordinate with administrative staff from other offices, especially Bay Area offices, and demonstrate willingness to take on some administrative duties from other offices in times of need
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional business environment, preferably within the Architecture and Engineering (A&E) or Consulting industry
- Commitment to high quality, reliable, and timely work performance
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Management, Accounting or similar field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills to manage many tasks and deadlines while maintaining exceptional attention to detail and professionalism
- Customer focus, interpersonal and teamwork skills with a proven ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, with clients and potential employees
- Intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Motivation as a self-starter with strong initiative to take ownership of tasks and projects
- Skills and experience in building and maintaining relationships with a variety of personalities and styles
- Prior experience with Deltek Vantagepoint preferred, but not required
- Ability to reliably be in the office between the core hours of 9 AM to 4 PM, with flexibility for a hybrid schedule with a minimum of 3-days in the office.
- Ability to periodically arrive early (prior to 7 AM) and leave later (after 8 PM) to assist with special events in the office, typically once per quarter.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The pay range for this position across all our locations is $62,500 – $75,000 annually. Placement within this range will be determined based upon geographic location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The following comprehensive benefit package is available to regular employees working 20 or more hours per week.
Medical: Employees can choose between several highly subsidized plan options, including a High Deductible Plan with company funded Health Savings Account, PPO and EPO/HMO plans. Specific coverage varies by plan.
Dental/Vision: Dental and Vision plans provide both in-network and out-of-network coverage at employee cost of only $1 per pay period for single coverage.
Life Insurance: Fehr & Peers pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D insurance, for coverage of $50,000. Employees have the option to increase coverage through a voluntary plan.
Disability Insurance: Short and long-term disability coverage of 60% of salary is fully paid by Fehr & Peers.
401(k): Fehr & Peers supports each employee’s retirement planning. The company provides a direct contribution to every employee’s retirement account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own personal contributions, and for those employees who choose to contribute personally we also provide an employer match. The magnitude of these employer contributions is based on the performance of the company. In 2022, employees who made personal contributions to their retirement account received an additional 25% in matching contributions from the company.
Mentoring/Career Development: Our robust career development program includes in-person training, customized coaching and mentoring programs, webinars and technical sessions on current topics in the field, and more.
Research & Development: We encourage staff to participant in one of our many internally-funded research and development groups, propelling innovation, creativity and enhancing the state-of-the-practice.
Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter and Biking Benefits fully subsidized up to the IRS limit, Voluntary Benefit Plans, Annual wellness reimbursement, Professional Licenses and Membership dues reimbursement, Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance programs.
Paid Time Off:
PTO: 13 days accrued annually to start, increasing to 18 days after 3 years of employment.
Holidays: 9 company paid holidays.
Sick Leave: Paid sick leave accrues at a rate of 40 hours annually for full-time employees, part-time employees accrue sick leave on a pro-rata basis.
Paid Parental Leave: Up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave provides employees with partial wage replacement.