The Fehr & Peers Corporate office serves our offices nationwide with the goal of anticipating the needs of others to support their success. We keep operations running smoothly and effectively so that our engineers and planners can focus on partnering with clients to improve communities. We are seeking a team player who will bring new ideas and perspectives as Project Accountant.
As Project Accountant, you would work with numerous clients, project managers, and coordinators while navigating the nuances of our enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. This candidate would thrive in an environment that encourages initiative, vision, autonomy, and creativity, and see opportunities for exploration when faced with unusual or unfamiliar scenarios. While project accounting experience is important, we value strong communication skills, a growth mindset, and a team-oriented approach above all else. This position handles project accounting with attention to detail, flexibility, and adaptability, while finding solutions through teamwork and collaboration.
Our Accounting team of 10 fosters a welcoming, fun, and inclusive atmosphere focused on teamwork and work/life balance. We value each other as colleagues and people, and host frequent team-bonding events, cross-training, and ongoing conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion. If this position sounds like a fit, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Client billing for multiple profit centers
- Project management accounting
- Month-end financial reporting
- Additional accounting projects and needs that arise
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience in a professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field
- Experience in project cost accounting
- Extensive knowledge of general accounting principles
- Sophisticated understanding of Excel, including formulas and graphing
- Proficient use of MS Suite products, such as Word, Outlook, and Adobe
- Experience with Deltek or other ERP software program
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to perform and learn in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to multitask
- A focus on accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Comfort and ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving capabilities