The Fehr & Peers OC office in Irvine is a dynamic team of transportation professionals striving to help communities through innovative transportation planning and engineering work. The team is seeking an Administrative/Accounting Specialist who will manage a variety of responsibilities that support the smooth operations of the office. The ideal candidate has familiarity with processes for accounts payable and receivable, data entry, and general administrative duties. This role pitches in wherever needed and takes initiative to reach out and assists others as a valued team member.
The office enjoys and encourages a friendly and inclusive atmosphere, and planning activities that bring the team together, like volunteering to harvest cabbages for a local community organization, and friendly competition in desk decorating and costume contests. This Administrative/Accounting Specialist will help organize these activities as well as support more project-focused work. Fehr & Peers values career development, giving staff members opportunities for skill development, growth, and mentorship.
- Serve as our first point of contact for clients and guests (greet and orient visitors at our front desk, answer incoming phone calls, and transfer them as appropriate)
- Organize the shared office space to be professional in appearance and keep commonly used areas clean and stocked with supplies, and equipment functioning as expected
- Provide general administrative support including data entry, copying, binding, preparing mailing labels, distributing mail, etc.
- Maintain the office’s Outlook & Teams calendars and coordinate meetings, events (including catering arrangements), conference registrations, and employee travel arrangements
- Act as a liaison between the office and corporate administrative staff
- Request and process forms such as insurance certificates, W-9, and business certifications for projects and proposals
- Organize and produce electronic and hard-copy deliverables for proposals and projects
- Create and maintain orderly electronic project and proposal folders
- Participate in a companywide administrative group focused on collaboration and enhancement of administrative services
- Work with assigned project managers to prepare monthly electronic invoices and progress reports within the standard billing cycle
- Project set-up in Deltek VantagePoint (our accounting and project management software)
- Assist project managers and office leadership with tracking project budgets and financial metrics
- Compile and process expense reports for office leadership
- Process office’s accounts payable expenses, create check requests, respond to accounts payable inquires
- Help with oversight of accounts receivables and contact client representatives on outstanding invoices
- Function as liaison between project managers and accounting staff on billing revisions and invoice changes
- Ability to reliably work in the office 5 days per week
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional business environment, preferably within the Architecture and Engineering (A&E) or consulting industry
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Management, Accounting or similar field or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate to advanced experience in office computer software/systems, including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Familiarity with both accounts receivable and accounts payable processes, and data entry
- Collaborative and solutions-oriented mindset with a high degree of client focus and professionalism
- Flexible attitude and comfort with managing requests and instructions from a variety of individuals in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Commitment to high quality, accurate, and timely work performance
- Prior experience with Deltek VantagePoint is desirable
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The pay range for this position in our Irvine office is $26.00 – $30.00 per hour. Placement within this range will be determined based upon geographic location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The following comprehensive benefit package is available to regular employees working 20 or more hours per week.
Medical: Employees can choose between several highly subsidized plan options, including a High Deductible Plan with company funded Health Savings Account, PPO and EPO/HMO plans. Specific coverage varies by plan.
Dental/Vision: Dental and Vision plans provide both in-network and out-of-network coverage at employee cost of only $1 per pay period for single coverage.
Life Insurance: Fehr & Peers pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D insurance, for coverage of $50,000. Employees have the option to increase coverage through a voluntary plan.
Disability Insurance: Short and long-term disability coverage of 60% of salary is fully paid by Fehr & Peers.
401(k): Fehr & Peers supports each employee’s retirement planning. The company provides a direct contribution to every employee’s retirement account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own personal contributions, and for those employees who choose to contribute personally we also provide an employer match. The magnitude of these employer contributions is based on the performance of the company. In 2022, employees who made personal contributions to their retirement account received an additional 25% in matching contributions from the company.
Mentoring/Career Development: Our robust career development program includes in-person training, customized coaching and mentoring programs, webinars and technical sessions on current topics in the field, and more.
Research & Development: We encourage staff to participant in one of our many internally-funded research and development groups, propelling innovation, creativity and enhancing the state-of-the-practice.
Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter and Biking Benefits fully subsidized up to the IRS limit, Voluntary Benefit Plans, Annual wellness reimbursement, Professional Licenses and Membership dues reimbursement, Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance programs.
Paid Time Off:
PTO: 13 days accrued annually to start, increasing to 18 days after 3 years of employment.
Holidays: 9 company paid holidays.
Sick Leave: Paid sick leave accrues at a rate of 40 hours annually for full-time employees, part-time employees accrue sick leave on a pro-rata basis.
Paid Parental Leave: Up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave provides employees with partial wage replacement.