Our Mid-Level Engineers and Planners build on an existing foundation of project management and technical skills. At Fehr & Peers, we emphasize rising to progressively higher levels of technical proficiency and greater degrees of management and leadership in our mid-level positions.
We are always accepting applications for Mid-Level Engineer/Planner positions for each of our locations. Please indicate your location preferences when you apply.
- Analyze and solve complex transportation planning or engineering problems involving all travel modes
- Communicate clearly and concisely, using strong writing and presentation skills
- Use a variety of software programs effectively and make timely and informed recommendations to elected officials, managers, and decision-makers
- Work on a variety of projects, which may include traffic and transit simulation, campus plans, multimodal corridor studies, transportation impact studies, bicycle and pedestrian studies, regional transportation plans, and more
- Manage projects and develop high-quality internal and client relationships
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in transportation, civil or electrical engineering, urban and regional planning, or a related major (e.g., geography, math, statistics, economics)
- 3-5 years of directly relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: traffic operations analysis (e.g., HCS, Synchro, VISSIM), traffic engineering and streetscape design, transportation planning (e.g., bicycle or transit plans, infrastructure finance, transportation and land use policy), or travel demand forecasting (e.g., Cube/Voyager, TransCAD, EMME)
- Excellent technical writing and public speaking skills
- Willingness to travel to other geographic markets as necessary
- Professional license (highly desirable)
- Experience with project management and marketing (desirable)
- GIS experience (a plus)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The pay range for this position across all our locations is $78,000 – $103,000 annually. Placement within this range will be determined based upon geographic location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The following comprehensive benefit package is available to regular employees working 20 or more hours per week.
Medical: Employees can choose between several highly subsidized plan options, including a High Deductible Plan with company funded Health Savings Account, PPO and EPO/HMO plans. Specific coverage varies by plan.
Dental/Vision: Dental and Vision plans provide both in-network and out-of-network coverage at employee cost of only $1 per pay period for single coverage.
Life Insurance: Fehr & Peers pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D insurance, for coverage of $50,000. Employees have the option to increase coverage through a voluntary plan.
Disability Insurance: Short and long-term disability coverage of 60% of salary is fully paid by Fehr & Peers.
401(k): Fehr & Peers supports each employee’s retirement planning. The company provides a direct contribution to every employee’s retirement account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own personal contributions, and for those employees who choose to contribute personally we also provide an employer match. The magnitude of these employer contributions is based on the performance of the company. In 2022, employees who made personal contributions to their retirement account received an additional 25% in matching contributions from the company.
Mentoring/Career Development: Our robust career development program includes in-person training, customized coaching and mentoring programs, webinars and technical sessions on current topics in the field, and more.
Research & Development: We encourage staff to participant in one of our many internally-funded research and development groups, propelling innovation, creativity and enhancing the state-of-the-practice.
Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter and Biking Benefits fully subsidized up to the IRS limit, Voluntary Benefit Plans, Annual wellness reimbursement, Professional Licenses and Membership dues reimbursement, Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance programs.
Paid Time Off:
PTO: 13 days accrued annually to start, increasing to 18 days after 3 years of employment.
Holidays: 9 company paid holidays.
Sick Leave: Paid sick leave accrues at a rate of 40 hours annually for full-time employees, part-time employees accrue sick leave on a pro-rata basis.
Paid Parental Leave: Up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave provides employees with partial wage replacement.