Explore the Opportunity
Our new Central Valley office in Stockton seeks a Mid-Level Transportation Engineer/Planner passionate about developing innovative and locally tailored solutions. This role works closely with a wide variety of clients and community members on interesting, local projects, ranging from multimodal planning studies to complex forecasting and operations projects. Our mid-level project managers lead multidisciplinary projects of varying complexities within a highly collaborative and supportive environment. The position offers the flexibility and entrepreneurial benefits of operating at a “start-up” office, but is also backed by the technical experts, support, and resources of our long-established offices in Walnut Creek and Sacramento. As part of the growth of a new office, multiple opportunities present themselves for shaping office operations, building client and staff relationships, accelerating career growth, and making a difference in the transportation futures of the Central Valley communities.
Learn About Our Mid-Level Engineer/Planner Roles
Our Mid-Level Engineers and Planners build on an existing foundation of project management and technical skills. At Fehr & Peers, we emphasize rising to progressively higher levels of technical proficiency and greater degrees of management and leadership in our mid-level positions.
- Analyze and solve complex transportation planning or engineering problems involving all travel modes
- Communicate clearly and concisely, using strong writing and presentation skills
- Use a variety of software programs effectively and make timely and informed recommendations to elected officials, managers, and decision-makers
- Work on a variety of projects, which may include traffic and transit simulation, campus plans, multimodal corridor studies, transportation impact studies, bicycle and pedestrian studies, regional transportation plans, and more
- Manage projects and develop high-quality internal and client relationships
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in transportation, civil or electrical engineering, urban and regional planning, or a related major (e.g., geography, math, statistics, economics)
- 3+ years of directly relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: traffic operations analysis (e.g., HCS, Synchro, VISSIM), traffic engineering and streetscape design, transportation planning (e.g., bicycle or transit plans, infrastructure finance, transportation and land use policy), or travel demand forecasting (e.g., Cube/Voyager, TransCAD, EMME)
- Excellent technical writing and public speaking skills
- Willingness to travel to other geographic markets as necessary
- Professional license (highly desirable)
- Experience with project management and marketing (desirable)
- GIS experience (a plus)
To apply for this job please visit www.fehrandpeers.com.