Explore the Opportunity
Are you interested in creating cutting-edge transportation solutions for communities in our Sierra Region? Do project management opportunities, collaboration, and building client relationships motivate you? Our Sacramento office is looking for a Mid-Level Transportation Project Manager to join our team of innovative professionals. This role provides many opportunities to develop multimodal transportation solutions, mentor entry-level staff, and build client relationships in the growing and vibrant Sacramento region. In addition, we provide an outstanding place to work and grow, with a focus on inspiring employees through a culture of flexibility, autonomy, and entrepreneurial approaches to achieve the best in both professional and personal development. If you are passionate about improving communities, inspiring others, and showing initiative while enjoying all that Sacramento has to offer, we’d love to hear from you!
Learn About Our Mid-Level Engineer/Planner Roles
Our Mid-Level Engineers and Planners build on an existing foundation of project management and technical skills. At Fehr & Peers, we emphasize rising to progressively higher levels of technical proficiency and greater degrees of management and leadership in our mid-level positions.
- Analyze and solve complex transportation planning or engineering problems involving all travel modes
- Communicate clearly and concisely, using strong writing and presentation skills
- Use a variety of software programs effectively and make timely and informed recommendations to elected officials, managers, and decision-makers
- Work on a variety of projects, which may include traffic and transit simulation, campus plans, multimodal corridor studies, transportation impact studies, bicycle and pedestrian studies, regional transportation plans, and more
- Manage projects and develop high-quality internal and client relationships
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in transportation, civil or electrical engineering, urban and regional planning, or a related major (e.g., geography, math, statistics, economics)
- 3+ years of directly relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: traffic operations analysis (e.g., HCS, Synchro, VISSIM), traffic engineering and streetscape design, transportation planning (e.g., bicycle or transit plans, infrastructure finance, transportation and land use policy), or travel demand forecasting (e.g., Cube/Voyager, TransCAD, EMME)
- Excellent technical writing and public speaking skills
- Willingness to travel to other geographic markets as necessary
- Professional license (highly desirable)
- Experience with project management and marketing (desirable)
- GIS experience (a plus)
To apply for this job please visit www.fehrandpeers.com.