Explore the Opportunity
Our community-focused Oakland team is committed to solving complex transportation problems within our local inner East Bay cities. As a project manager, you will join a group of entrepreneurial and innovative people who are passionate about increasing opportunity by expanding accessibility and improving mobility. We partner with public and private sector clients such as OakDOT, Alameda CTC, Caltrain, and the Oakland Athletics, striving to be their most trusted advisors by delivering cutting-edge technical expertise while embodying the diversity of our market area. What does it mean to lead projects with us in Oakland? You will manage complex and widely varied projects from day one with the support of senior leaders, discipline groups, and technical initiatives on the cutting edge of the industry. Our focus on work-life balance and minimal bureaucracy allows you to work flexibly around personal commitments, and frees you to do your best work, build lasting relationships, and broaden your experiences. If you are passionate about making a positive impact on our nearby communities and are driven to expand your experiences across multiple projects and challenges, please apply today to join our Oakland team of transportation innovators!
Learn About Our Mid-Level Engineer/Planner Roles
Our Mid-Level Engineers and Planners build on an existing foundation of project management and technical skills. At Fehr & Peers, we emphasize rising to progressively higher levels of technical proficiency and greater degrees of management and leadership in our mid-level positions.
- Analyze and solve complex transportation planning or engineering problems involving all travel modes
- Communicate clearly and concisely, using strong writing and presentation skills
- Use a variety of software programs effectively and make timely and informed recommendations to elected officials, managers, and decision-makers
- Work on a variety of projects, which may include traffic and transit simulation, campus plans, multimodal corridor studies, transportation impact studies, bicycle and pedestrian studies, regional transportation plans, and more
- Manage projects and develop high-quality internal and client relationships
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in transportation, civil or electrical engineering, urban and regional planning, or a related major (e.g., geography, math, statistics, economics)
- 3+ years of directly relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: traffic operations analysis (e.g., HCS, Synchro, VISSIM), traffic engineering and streetscape design, transportation planning (e.g., bicycle or transit plans, infrastructure finance, transportation and land use policy), or travel demand forecasting (e.g., Cube/Voyager, TransCAD, EMME)
- Excellent technical writing and public speaking skills
- Willingness to travel to other geographic markets as necessary
- Professional license (highly desirable)
- Experience with project management and marketing (desirable)
- GIS experience (a plus)
To apply for this job please visit www.fehrandpeers.com.