Explore the Opportunity
Fehr & Peers has a longstanding presence and established history of meaningful, innovative transportation planning in the San Francisco Bay Area. With increasing opportunities to serve clients specifically in the North Bay region, we recently opened an office space in Petaluma and are seeking a Mid-Level Project Manager to contribute to our success and services in the counties of Sonoma, Napa, Marin, and beyond. Within a highly collaborative and supportive environment, this position provides multiple avenues to broaden experience and make a difference in communities. As a project manager, you would employ a wide range of technical skills to lead multidisciplinary projects of varying complexities. This position also offers the unique opportunity to be involved in the growth of a new office. With the benefit and support of our company’s deep bench of technical experts and industry leaders and a strong foundation of preestablished client relationships, you will help refine and execute our marketing strategy for the region and build operations in the counties of Sonoma, Napa, and Marin. Come join us and contribute to shaping our continued growth and excellence in the North Bay region.
Learn About Our Mid-Level Engineer/Planner Roles
Our Mid-Level Engineers and Planners build on an existing foundation of project management and technical skills. At Fehr & Peers, we emphasize rising to progressively higher levels of technical proficiency and greater degrees of management and leadership in our mid-level positions.
- Analyze and solve complex transportation planning or engineering problems involving all travel modes
- Communicate clearly and concisely, using strong writing and presentation skills
- Use a variety of software programs effectively and make timely and informed recommendations to elected officials, managers, and decision-makers
- Work on a variety of projects, which may include traffic and transit simulation, campus plans, multimodal corridor studies, transportation impact studies, bicycle and pedestrian studies, regional transportation plans, and more
- Manage projects and develop high-quality internal and client relationships
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in transportation, civil or electrical engineering, urban and regional planning, or a related major (e.g., geography, math, statistics, economics)
- 3+ years of directly relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: traffic operations analysis (e.g., HCS, Synchro, VISSIM), traffic engineering and streetscape design, transportation planning (e.g., bicycle or transit plans, infrastructure finance, transportation and land use policy), or travel demand forecasting (e.g., Cube/Voyager, TransCAD, EMME)
- Excellent technical writing and public speaking skills
- Willingness to travel to other geographic markets as necessary
- Professional license (highly desirable)
- Experience with project management and marketing (desirable)
- GIS experience (a plus)
To apply for this job please visit www.fehrandpeers.com.