Our Long Beach team is looking for a transportation professional with a passion to improve communities throughout Long Beach, the South Bay, and Gateway Cities region. As a mid-level Engineer, you will join a group of tight-knit, entrepreneurial professionals who provide innovative solutions on projects ranging from roadway safety to multimodal operations, complete street design, freight planning and beyond. The Long Beach team works closely with a broad range of local clients, such as affordable housing developers, cities, and public agencies, like the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach.
As a newer and smaller office, we have extensive opportunities for growth, leadership, and employee-driven efforts. This position offers flexibility and our focus on work-life balance allows for building lasting relationships and broadening your experience. Centrally located on Ocean Boulevard, our office provides walkable and transit-oriented opportunities to engage with the communities we serve. If you are passionate about making a positive impact and are driven to expand your experiences across multiple projects and challenges, please apply today to join our Long Beach team of transportation professionals!
If you join our team, you can expect to grow by:
- Supporting multifaceted projects from day one, creating both innovative and tried-and-true street designs, evaluating multimodal challenges, and engaging with stakeholders
- Managing your own schedule and responsibilities, allowing you to accommodate personal commitments and passions
- Building lasting relationships with local clients
- Learning from mentors at every stage of your career, with access to senior leadership and expertise in Southern California and throughout our company
- Researching innovative, state-of-the-art solutions with support from our discipline and research groups to stay ahead of the industry
- Analyze and solve complex transportation planning or engineering problems involving all travel modes
- Communicate clearly and concisely, using strong writing and presentation skills
- Effectively use a variety of software programs and make timely and informed recommendations to elected officials, managers, and decision-makers
- Work on a broad array of projects, which may include traffic and transit simulation, campus plans, multimodal corridor studies, transportation impact studies, bicycle and pedestrian studies, regional transportation plans, and more
- Manage client interaction and communication with members of the public through community engagement
- Market and bring in new projects by nurturing client relationships and preparing proposals and interviews
- Mentor and train your colleagues and receive mentorship from senior staff
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in transportation, civil or electrical engineering, urban and regional planning, or a related major
- 3+ years of directly relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: traffic operations analysis, traffic engineering and streetscape design, transportation planning, bicycle and pedestrian planning, transit, or travel demand forecasting
- Exceptional technical writing and public speaking skills
- Experience in any of the following software: AutoCAD, Synchro, VISSIM, TransCAD
- Professional license or Certification (PE, TE, or RSP)
- Knowledge in applying Caltrans, MUTCD, and AASHTO design standards on a variety of projects
- Experience with project management and marketing
To apply for this job please visit fehrandpeers.com.