Are you interested in communicating creative transportation solutions through appealing and relatable visual design? Our Sacramento team invites you to join us in providing our clients with compelling visuals that bridge the gap between complex technical analyses and real-world implications. As a GIS and Graphic Design Specialist, you’ll help answer challenging transportation questions through visual analysis, and convey those analyses through advanced graphics. You’ll also receive hands-on training from our local subject matter experts and work closely with our GIS team members in developing analysis tools. The Sacramento team works collaboratively, taking a proactive approach to training and career development. We prioritize flexibility in both tasks and schedule so that you can grow personally as well as professionally.
At Fehr & Peers, our passion is helping clients and communities achieve their transportation goals. Our GIS team’s expertise helps differentiate and elevate our work through creative and impactful deliverables. If you are interested in joining our Sacramento team of GIS experts, please apply today!
- Create professional products that communicate complex visual ideas clearly and effectively, including transportation planning maps, diagrams and graphics for project deliverables, high-end presentations, web tool design, and beyond
- Use GIS systems and databases to perform data analytics and mapping functions in support of transportation projects
- Devise complex cartographic designs in a GIS setting
- Construct clear and detailed technical illustrations in Adobe Illustrator
- Create and manage geodatabases (including databases in an Enterprise environment), and develop GIS-based modeling tools
- Work jointly with project managers on marketing and project deliverables strategies
- Collaborate with multiple specialized groups on companywide graphic design and cartography best practices
- Knowledge of GIS tools, extensions and applications, mapping techniques and principles
- Strong command of graphic design theory, and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using a variety of Esri products
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with other creative and analytical staff
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client questions and explain analytical results clearly and concisely (verbally, visually, and in writing)
- Effective interpersonal skills and commitment to collaboration
- Interest in researching new, innovative, and emerging technologies
- Interest in or knowledge of using visualization tools such as Sketchup or City Engine
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- 2+ years of practical and applied work experience (consulting experience a plus)
- Portfolio of work is required. It should contain finished projects showing the use of GIS, graphic design applications, and/or 3D simulations. A Github link would also be accepted
To apply for this job please visit fehrandpeers.com.