Join our team of visual storytellers
At Fehr & Peers, we help clients unpack complex transportation challenges and innovate solutions that improve communities. Our team of more than 20 visual communications specialists convey those solutions to clients and the public by transforming them into appealing and relatable visuals. We’re always accepting applications from creative problem-solvers who are passionate about transportation. Positions are available at each of our locations; just let us know your location preference when you apply.
Work with creatives of all types
There is no one single archetype for our Visual Communications Designer/Planners. Our diverse and highly collaborative group consists of graphic and UI/UX designers, coders, data scientists, GIS professionals, planners, and landscape architects. While our backgrounds and education vary immensely, we have one thing in common: excitement for transportation. We’re always looking to connect with visual designers interested in joining our team to help us better communicate and convey transportation ideas.
Untangle technical puzzles
Transportation analysis is often technically complex. The clients and communities we serve need to understand the real-world implications of those analyses, and they are not often technical experts in this field. Our visual designers help bridge that gap by simplifying complex concepts into intuitive visuals. Whether creating materials to spark dialogue with the public or helping clients make informed decisions, our designers serve as trusted advisors. They collaborate with project managers to determine the best ways to deliver information that resonates with the intended audience. As in-house visual communications experts, we expect everything our designers touch to become easier to understand than the draft they were given.
If you enjoy collaborating and asking questions, helping clients communicate more clearly and creatively, and providing options that you feel will improve a deliverable, then we want to hear from you.
Our Entry-Level Visual Communications Designer/Planners make ideas happen. Working closely with project managers and Senior Visual Communications Designer/Planners, they apply their creativity and solve design challenges that humanize transportation analyses and make them easier for audiences to understand.
- Transform complex transportation analysis into intuitive visuals for a broad range of applications, including data visualization, maps, final reports, presentations, and community engagement
- Collaborate with project managers to determine the best way to deliver information
- Continually share ideas and examples with colleagues
- Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Strong visual and written communication skills
- Portfolio demonstrating visual design capabilities
- Interpersonal skills, a desire to collaborate, and a creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Interest in transportation or urban planning
- Prior experience in urban planning, urban design, or transportation planning
- Basic understanding of ESRI ArcGIS
- Basic knowledge of 3D visualization, data visualization, illustration, UI/UX design, web design, and/or coding