Explore the Opportunity
Our Pacific Northwest team seeks an experienced Transportation Engineering Project Manager to serve in our Seattle or Tacoma office and become part of the Fehr & Peers culture of innovation. We provide a variety of transportation engineering design services, ranging from conceptual development of multimodal improvements with a complete streets focus to contract documents for signal, illumination, and ITS improvements and deployments. Our design work focuses on innovative project approaches and multimodal design concepts catering to client needs and transportation priorities. We work with a variety of clients, including state DOTs, public transit agencies, counties, cities, and teaming partners. They turn to us after already trying the easy solutions. Our project managers collaborate with a variety of transportation professionals, mentor and supervise design teams of engineers and analysts, and serve as the client’s direct contact. Fehr & Peers project managers have the opportunity to pursue projects fitting their interests, explore career tracks and opportunities to grow professional skills, and always have the support of senior staff members.
Learn About Our Transportation Design Engineer Roles
Transportation Design Engineers at Fehr & Peers may expect to build a career through a wide variety of experiences. We emphasize early development of project management and technical skills. A Design Engineer’s role involves many project types and tasks, with opportunities to deliver plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) to our clients, enabling projects to be built in the communities we serve. In a single office, our engineers become exposed to a multitude of project types, maximizing opportunities for personal and professional growth, including the preparation of construction documents and design drawings for projects such as the following:
- Traffic Signal Design
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Street and Pedestrian Scale Lighting
- Bikeways/Complete Streets
- Signing & Striping
- Traffic Calming
- Temporary Traffic Control
We’re seeking motivated individuals passionate about designing and developing creative, innovative solutions. As part of our Fehr & Peers focus on career development, we provide opportunities to learn cutting-edge software, including the following: AutoCAD, Microstation, AutoTURN, SignCAD, Synchro, Sidra, AGi32, and others, depending on project demands. Our Engineering Discipline Group serves as a resource and network, meeting regularly to advance our capabilities and support the needs of our engineering staff company wide. Transportation Design Engineer applications are continuously accepted, and preferences for locations may be indicated when applying.
- Prepare construction documents and design drawings for a wide variety of project types
- Obtain as-built drawings and manage utility coordination
- Prepare project specifications and construction cost estimates
- Conduct field visits to review existing conditions, design constraints, or construction activities
- Provide design support during construction (requests for information, contractor submittals, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in transportation, civil engineering, or a related field
- Work experience as a designer and/or completion of significant project coursework in traffic engineering design, roadway design, civil site design, or related areas
- Excellent technical writing and public speaking skills
- A focus on career growth
- EIT or PE license (highly desirable)
- Experience with design software, such as AutoCAD and/or Microstation (highly desirable)
To apply for this job please visit www.fehrandpeers.com.