At Fehr & Peers, we are a team of entrepreneurial individuals empowered to collaborate, innovate, and develop creative transportation solutions that improve communities. We provide planning and engineering services associated with several modes of transportation. We’re focused on client service and rely on each other as partners to find creative solutions that best serve both individual and company needs. We are a dynamic company expanding into new markets and regions while increasing our lines of service, and we invite you to grow with us.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Contracts Counsel to join our corporate office.
Our Corporate Services teams provide support to a nationwide network of 18 offices and 330 industry-leading professionals. The Contracts Counsel would be one member of a two-person legal team, serving in a supportive role to our current in-house attorney. Our legal team collaborates on all levels to provide legal advice, solutions, options, and resources to our internal stakeholders with a consultative approach. The Contracts Counsel’s primary responsibility will be reviewing and negotiating contracts between Fehr & Peers and external clients.
We value work-life balance. We also value giving staff members opportunities for skill development, growth, and mentorship. We provide competitive benefits, regular hours in a non-litigation environment, and an ability to seamlessly work both in the office and remotely.
- Review contracts for potential risks and uninsurable exposures
- Draft contract provisions to eliminate or mitigate potential risk
- Effectively articulate and communicate critical risks, contract provisions, and legal concepts to technical personnel to allow them to make informed business decisions
- Assist with business registrations and licensing in various jurisdictions
- Conduct legal research on a variety of topics relevant to our business
- Manage contract review intake and scheduling of contract review requests
- Develop an understanding of insurance coverage related to our business
- Continually grow your understanding of the services our technical personnel perform for clients, to better inform risk calculation and your view of contract terms relevant to various types of projects
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school
- Active membership in at least one state bar, preferably the California Bar
- 2-3 years of experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in the context of articulating legal concepts and contract terms to be understood by our non-legal staff
- Capable of working in a highly collaborative environment in a supportive role
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while managing multiple, competing priorities
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Attentiveness to detail
- Humility, combined with good listening skills and a supportive approach to the role
- Desire to work in an environment that is professional, equitable, and respectful to both internal and external clients
To apply for this job please visit fehrandpeers.com.