Fehr & Peers strives to support communities through innovative transportation planning and engineering work. The Corporate Administration team supports Fehr & Peers offices companywide, providing solutions, options, and resources that keep things running smoothly and allow staff to thrive in their work. As a member of the Corporate team, the Administrative Specialist will manage multiple requests and deadlines amidst changing priorities. Every day will be different, and responsibilities will vary with need. The ideal candidate demonstrates capability in building meaningful relationships and supporting staff on a variety of tasks. With client service and collaboration as a core value, this role pitches in wherever needed and takes initiative to reach out and assist others as a valued team member.
Our team provides a friendly, fun, and inclusive atmosphere focused on teamwork. Fehr & Peers values career development, giving staff members opportunities for skill development, growth, and mentorship. This position offers the opportunity to represent Corporate Administration and serve all our teams and offices, while learning and growing professionally at the same time.
Duties vary depending on the needs of the five Corporate Services teams (Accounting, Administration/Legal, Communications, Human Resources, and Information Technology), but the core responsibilities are as follows:
- Plan and coordinate in-office meetings and company events, including setup, takedown, and placing catering orders
- Administer the client survey process by distributing surveys, entering survey results, and generating client survey reports
- Review, approve, and reconcile invoices for regular office expenses and submit to accounts payable for processing
- Complete credit card reconciliations
- Organize and maintain the office space to be professional in appearance, keeping commonly used areas (including the kitchen) clean and stocked with supplies
- Coordinate daily incoming and outgoing daily mail and packages
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Manage monthly parking badges and validations
- Coordinate new-hire welcome onboarding
- Communicate with property management representatives and vendors as necessary
- Request and process forms, such as insurance certificates and W-9s
- Perform general troubleshooting on office equipment (printers and copiers) and coordinate service calls
- Serve as back-up to the part-time Administrative Specialist
- Participate in a companywide administrative group focused on collaboration and enhancement of administrative services
- Perform other general requests as needed
- Ability to reliably work in the office 5 days per week
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional office environment
- Collaborative and solutions-oriented mindset with a high degree of client focus and professionalism
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take ownership of responsibilities and work independently with general direction and guidance
- Commitment to high-quality, accurate, and timely work performance
- Ability to learn and execute responsibilities in a fast-paced environment where there are many new challenges and shifting priorities
- Flexible attitude and comfort with managing requests and instructions from a variety of individuals
- Intermediate experience in office computer software/systems, including Adobe Professional and Microsoft Office
- Notary certification (desirable)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The pay range for this position across all our locations is $54,000 – $60,000 annually. Placement within this range will be determined based upon geographic location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The following comprehensive benefit package is available to regular employees working 20 or more hours per week.
Medical: Employees can choose between several highly subsidized plan options, including a High Deductible Plan with company funded Health Savings Account, PPO and EPO/HMO plans. Specific coverage varies by plan.
Dental/Vision: Dental and Vision plans provide both in-network and out-of-network coverage at employee cost of only $1 per pay period for single coverage.
Life Insurance: Fehr & Peers pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D insurance, for coverage of $50,000. Employees have the option to increase coverage through a voluntary plan.
Disability Insurance: Short and long-term disability coverage of 60% of salary is fully paid by Fehr & Peers.
401(k): Fehr & Peers supports each employee’s retirement planning. The company provides a direct contribution to every employee’s retirement account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own personal contributions, and for those employees who choose to contribute personally we also provide an employer match. The magnitude of these employer contributions is based on the performance of the company. In 2022, employees who made personal contributions to their retirement account received an additional 25% in matching contributions from the company.
Mentoring/Career Development: Our robust career development program includes in-person training, customized coaching and mentoring programs, webinars and technical sessions on current topics in the field, and more.
Research & Development: We encourage staff to participant in one of our many internally-funded research and development groups, propelling innovation, creativity and enhancing the state-of-the-practice.
Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter and Biking Benefits fully subsidized up to the IRS limit, Voluntary Benefit Plans, Annual wellness reimbursement, Professional Licenses and Membership dues reimbursement, Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance programs.
Paid Time Off:
PTO: 13 days accrued annually to start, increasing to 18 days after 3 years of employment.
Holidays: 9 company paid holidays.
Sick Leave: Paid sick leave accrues at a rate of 40 hours annually for full-time employees, part-time employees accrue sick leave on a pro-rata basis.
Paid Parental Leave: Up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave provides employees with partial wage replacement.