Our 14-person Denver office is dedicated to making our community a better place through our passion for transportation planning and engineering. Located in downtown Denver, our office is easily accessible by transit, walking, and bicycling. We are looking for a proactive, personable, organized Administrative Specialist/Marketing Coordinator to join us full-time. The position would primarily be in-person but offers flexibility for hours and schedule. The ideal candidate will have prior experience supporting staff on a wide variety of tasks, with a dedication to detail, organization, and quality work. They’ll also be excited by the chance to serve as a core part of our marketing team by supporting the pursuit of new project opportunities. As part of a collaborative environment, success in this position requires motivation, interpersonal skills, a helpful mindset, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Serve as our initial point of contact for clients, greet and orient visitors at our front desk, and handle incoming phone calls
- Manage requests from and coordinate with office leadership on administrative needs for the office, including (but not limited to) scheduling meetings, organizing catering for meetings/events, ordering office equipment and supplies, and coordinating building management items
- Function as a liaison between the Denver office and corporate administrative staff, including participation in our companywide administrative group
- Track and maintain special programs between our office, corporate staff, and building facilities
- Request and process forms for projects and proposals, such as insurance certificates, W-9s, and business certifications
- Create and maintain orderly electronic project and proposal folders
- Organize shared office space to be professional in appearance (including storage areas, kitchen, lunchroom, and communal office spaces), keep commonly used areas orderly and stocked with supplies, ensure equipment is functioning as expected, etc.
- Complete general administrative paperwork tasks, including copying, binding, preparing mailing labels, coordinating delivery services, etc.
- Receive and distribute office mail
- Review and approve invoices for routine office expenses
- Assist with project set-up in Deltek Vantagepoint (our accounting and project management software)
- Process expense reports for staff
- Process the office’s accounts payable expenses, create check requests, and respond to accounts payable inquires
- Work in conjunction with project managers, senior management, and administrative staff to plan, coordinate, and produce proposal materials and presentations. Meet appropriate deadlines and ensure proposals are compliant with the applicable RFP or RFQ submission instructions
- Solicit and coordinate information from internal clients, external consultants, and other team members for inclusion in proposal and presentation materials
- Contribute to content development (writing, editing, proofreading) for qualifications, proposals, and presentations
- Update and maintain databases of project opportunities, project descriptions, resumes, references, and qualification materials
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional business environment, preferably within the Architecture and Engineering (A&E) industry or consulting fields
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Familiarity with both accounts receivable and accounts payable processes
- Motivation to produce high-quality, accurate, and timely work
- Customer focus and teamwork skills, with a proven ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Writing, editing, and grammar skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels of employees and external teaming partners
- High-level expertise in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Basic InDesign skills are highly preferred
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of database reporting
- Prior experience with Deltek Vision/Vantagepoint
- Ability to copyedit and format written deliverables
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The pay range for this position across all our locations is $55,000 – $70,000 annually. Placement within this range will be determined based upon geographic location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The following comprehensive benefit package is available to regular employees working 20 or more hours per week.
Medical: Employees can choose between several highly subsidized plan options, including a High Deductible Plan with company funded Health Savings Account, PPO and EPO/HMO plans. Specific coverage varies by plan.
Dental/Vision: Dental and Vision plans provide both in-network and out-of-network coverage at employee cost of only $1 per pay period for single coverage.
Life Insurance: Fehr & Peers pays 100% of the premium for life and AD&D insurance, for coverage of $50,000. Employees have the option to increase coverage through a voluntary plan.
Disability Insurance: Short and long-term disability coverage of 60% of salary is fully paid by Fehr & Peers.
401(k): Fehr & Peers supports each employee’s retirement planning. The company provides a direct contribution to every employee’s retirement account, regardless of whether the employee makes their own personal contributions, and for those employees who choose to contribute personally we also provide an employer match. The magnitude of these employer contributions is based on the performance of the company. In 2022, employees who made personal contributions to their retirement account received an additional 25% in matching contributions from the company.
Mentoring/Career Development: Our robust career development program includes in-person training, customized coaching and mentoring programs, webinars and technical sessions on current topics in the field, and more.
Research & Development: We encourage staff to participant in one of our many internally-funded research and development groups, propelling innovation, creativity and enhancing the state-of-the-practice.
Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter and Biking Benefits fully subsidized up to the IRS limit, Voluntary Benefit Plans, Annual wellness reimbursement, Professional Licenses and Membership dues reimbursement, Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance programs.
Paid Time Off:
PTO: 13 days accrued annually to start, increasing to 18 days after 3 years of employment.
Holidays: 9 company paid holidays.
Sick Leave: Paid sick leave accrues at a rate of 40 hours annually for full-time employees, part-time employees accrue sick leave on a pro-rata basis.
Paid Parental Leave: Up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave provides employees with partial wage replacement.