Senior-Level Engineer Planner
Senior-level engineers and planners can fulfill one or more of several career paths, which may include leadership of an office, market, or technical discipline. An emphasis is placed on strategic leadership and management of a variety of transportation planning and engineering projects, including oversight of professional and support staff.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation, civil or electrical engineering, urban and regional planning, or a closely-related field, and a professional license
- 7+ years of experience in hands-on transportation planning and engineering assignments, such as preparing regional transportation plans, corridor studies, environmental impact analyses, bicycle/pedestrian plans, infrastructure financing plans, and transit ridership forecasting and operations studies
- Proven success in providing technical leadership and training junior staff
- Proven success with winning work
- Significant experience with direct client interaction
- Proven experience in multiple transportation modeling and analysis software packages, such as Cube/Voyager, TransCAD, EMME, VISUM, VISSIM, Synchro/SimTraffic, and others
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and unexpected requirement changes
- Ability to oversee multiple projects, anticipate issues, propose solutions and implement them successfully
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Transportation enthusiasm and ability to working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Willingness to travel to other geographic markets as necessary
- Experience managing large, complex projects
- Experience mentoring less-experienced staff
- Experience overseeing project staff in multiple geographic locations
Browse Our Immediate Needs
We are currently hiring senior-level staff at all locations. Please scroll down to apply.
Fehr & Peers is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in the workplace. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds, and hire without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.