Mid-Level Engineer Planner
Mid-level engineers and planners build on an existing foundation of project management and technical skills. An emphasis is placed on rising to progressively higher levels of technical proficiency and greater degrees of management and leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze and solve complex transportation planning or engineering problems dealing with all travel modes
- Communicate clearly and concisely, using strong writing and presentation skills
- Use a variety of software programs effectively, and make timely and informed recommendations to elected officials, managers, and decision-makers
- Work on a variety of projects, which may include traffic and transit simulation, campus plans, multimodal corridor studies, transportation impact studies, bicycle and pedestrian studies, and regional transportation plans
- Manage projects and develop high-quality internal and client relationships
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation, civil or electrical engineering, urban and regional planning, or a related major (e.g. Geography, Math, Statistics, Economics)
- 3+ years of directly relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: traffic operations analysis (e.g., HCS, Synchro, VISSIM), traffic engineering and streetscape design, transportation planning (e.g., bicycle or transit plans, infrastructure finance, transportation and land use policy), or travel demand forecasting (e.g., Cube/Voyager, TransCAD, EMME)
- GIS experience (a plus)
- Excellent technical writing and public speaking skills
- Professional license (highly desirable)
- Experience with project management and marketing (desirable)
- Willingness to travel to other geographic markets as necessary
Browse Our Immediate Needs
Oakland Project Manager
Our community-focused Oakland team is committed to solving complex transportation problems within our local inner East Bay cities. As a project manager, you will join a group of entrepreneurial and innovative people who are passionate about increasing opportunity by expanding accessibility and improving mobility. We partner with public and private sector clients such as OakDOT, Alameda CTC, Caltrain, and the Oakland Athletics, striving to be their most trusted advisors by delivering cutting-edge technical expertise while embodying the diversity of our market area. What does it mean to lead projects with us in Oakland? You will manage complex and widely varied projects from day one with the support of senior leaders, discipline groups, and technical initiatives on the cutting edge of the industry. Our focus on work-life balance and minimal bureaucracy allows you to work flexibly around personal commitments, and frees you to do your best work, build lasting relationships, and broaden your experiences. If you are passionate about making a positive impact on our nearby communities and are driven to expand your experiences across multiple projects and challenges, please apply today to join our Oakland team of transportation innovators!
Sacramento / Roseville Project Manager
Are you interested in creating cutting-edge transportation solutions for communities in our Sierra Region? Do project management opportunities, collaboration, and building client relationships motivate you? Our Sacramento office was recently recognized as #2 in the Sacramento Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work,” and we are looking for a Mid-Level Transportation Project Manager to join our team of innovative professionals. This role provides many opportunities to develop multimodal transportation solutions, mentor entry-level staff, and build client relationships in the growing and vibrant Sacramento region. In addition, we provide an outstanding place to work and grow, with a focus on inspiring employees through a culture of flexibility, autonomy, and entrepreneurial approaches to achieve the best in both professional and personal development. If you are passionate about improving communities, inspiring others, and showing initiative while enjoying all that Sacramento has to offer, we’d love to hear from you!
San Jose Planner
Do you have strong experience in bicycle, pedestrian, transit, and/or TDM planning? Then join our 20-person team as a mid-level transportation planner. In this role, you’ll manage complex projects, foster client relationships, and win work to enhance our technical and geographic reach. Your passion for transportation planning is matched by your solid understanding of transportation engineering principles. Working in the heart of downtown San Jose, you’ll experience all of the benefits of living in a growing urban environment, while consulting to some of the most interesting organizations and businesses Silicon Valley has to offer: The City of San Jose, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, Stanford University, and many major tech companies, including Google, Facebook, and others. Our team includes planners, engineers, data analysts, visual communicators, and administrative professionals, with hobbies/interests that range from hiking to cooking/baking to adventure travel. We’re proud that staff often describe one another as professional, collaborative, and approachable.
Walnut Creek Project Manager
Are you a passionate transportation professional? Do you enjoy building relationships, winning work, and improving communities? Join our collaborative and eclectic team of professionals as a project manager and lead planning, operations, multimodal, design, and/or travel demand forecasting projects. We provide transportation planning and engineering services for clients throughout the Bay Area, Central Valley, and beyond. Located directly across the street from the Walnut Creek BART station, you will have access to an easy BART commute as well as shopping and restaurants in downtown Walnut Creek. Our 30-person office includes people just starting out in their careers, a strong administrative team, and seasoned experts in their respective fields. We’re looking for someone with strong project management skills, a passion for transportation, and an upbeat and collaborative attitude.
Fehr & Peers is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in the workplace. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds, and hire without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.