Our team in Salt Lake City seeks a motivated and professional Administrative Specialist focused on client service and marketing coordination. The ideal candidate is a flexible, solutions-oriented self-starter ready to take on a variety of vital tasks to support our growing office. This role provides a variety of responsibilities and opportunities. Our Administrative Specialists perform a range of tasks across multiple administrative and industry disciplines (accounting, office coordination, marketing, project work, etc.). They serve as contacts for clients and collaborate with project managers and administrative professionals from across the company. The position is well-suited for a candidate with strong interpersonal skills, a proactive attitude, and the readiness to take on any challenge. With an emphasis on collaboration, this role embraces contributing wherever needed as a valued team member.
Our Salt Lake City team embraces a friendly, diverse, and inclusive atmosphere in our Sugar House location, which offers great access to the park and restaurants, as well as transportation connections to points all along the Wasatch Front. With our focus on career development, this position also offers opportunities for growth into larger responsibilities and roles, especially in relation to marketing support.
- Serve as the liaison between office staff and Corporate administrative staff
- Participate in a company-wide administrative group focused on collaboration and enhancing administrative services
- Organize the office space to be professional in appearance (including storage areas and common office spaces) and keep commonly used areas clean and stocked with supplies
- Coordinate food orders and set up/take down for lunch and other office meetings
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and faxes
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies
- Coordinate meetings and events as requested
- Communicate with property management representatives and vendors as necessary
- Perform general troubleshooting on office equipment (computers, printers, and copiers) and coordinate service calls
- Review and approve invoices for regular office expenses
- Work with project managers to prepare monthly electronic invoices and progress reports
- Assist in project set-up in Deltek Vantagepoint (our accounting and project management software)
- Process office accounts payable expenses, create check requests, and respond to accounts payable inquires
- Process expense reports for office staff
Marketing Support (preferred and a growth opportunity for the position)
- Organize, write, update, and design office qualifications (requests for proposals, requests for qualifications, etc.) and other marketing materials
- Provide creative and organizational oversight of office marketing pursuits
- Organize and produce portions of competitive proposals
- Work closely with office leadership to revise and support the office marketing plan
- Track and communicate new marketing opportunities to the team
- Help maintain an office social media presence, both internally and publicly
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional office environment (experience within the architecture and engineering or consulting industry is a plus)
- Solutions-oriented mindset with a high degree of client focus
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with general direction and guidance
- Commitment to high-quality, accurate, and timely work performance
- Ability to learn and execute responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with many new challenges
- Skills and experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with a variety of personalities and styles
- Flexible attitude and comfort with managing requests and instructions from a variety of individuals
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Motivation as a self-starter with strong initiative to take ownership of tasks and projects
- Desire to promote cohesion and unity among the team and the ability to be a positive and encouraging influence in the office
- Ability to demonstrate company core values: problem-solving attitude, humility and integrity, personal growth and self-improvement, responsive and hard working
COVID-19: Fehr & Peers follows federal, state, and local requirements regarding COVID-19 procedures such as masking, distancing, and vaccination documentation. As an employer with more than one hundred employees, Fehr & Pees is required to ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or test for COVID-19 weekly. And, as a federal contractor, certain Fehr & Peers offices will require that unvaccinated employees obtain an approved medical or religious exemption. Please let us know if you would like to discuss any of these matters prior to or during the interview process.
EEO: Fehr & Peers is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in the workplace. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds, and hire without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, military service or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
© 2017 – 2021 Fehr & Peers. All rights reserved.
© 2017 – 2021 Fehr & Peers. All rights reserved.