Our Sacramento team seeks a motivated and professional Administrative Specialist with a focus on client service. The ideal candidate is a flexible, solutions-oriented self-starter ready to take on a variety of important tasks to keep the office running efficiently and smoothly. Our office provides a friendly, inclusive atmosphere in the heart of downtown, close to Downtown Commons, Capitol Park, Midtown, and Old Town Sacramento.
There is never a dull moment in this position. Our Administrative Specialists perform a range of tasks across multiple administrative and industry disciplines (accounting, office coordination, marketing, project work, etc.). They serve as front-line liaisons for clients and collaborate with project managers and administrative professionals from across the company. The position is well-suited for a candidate with strong interpersonal skills, a proactive attitude, and the readiness to take on any challenge or need. With an emphasis on collaboration, this role pitches in wherever needed and provides initiative to reach out and assist others as a valued team member.
We value fairness, respect, collaboration, openness, flexibility, and hard work. As part of the Fehr & Peers focus on career development, staff members receive growth and teamwork opportunities for one-on-one employee mentorship, administrative leadership development groups, staff retreats, and customizable career progression. Additionally, our office is close to light rail, bikeable and walkable from many parts of the city, and accessible by car with convenient parking.
Duties vary, but the core responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as our first contact for clients, greet and orient visitors at our front desk, answer incoming phone calls and transfer them as appropriate
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Organize the office space to be professional in appearance (including storage areas and common office spaces), keep commonly used areas clean and stocked with supplies, and ensure equipment is functioning as expected
- Coordinate food orders and set-up/take-down for lunch and other office meetings
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies
- Coordinate meetings and events (including catering arrangements), conference registrations, and employee travel arrangements
- Communicate with property management and vendors as necessary
- Perform general troubleshooting on office equipment (computers, printers, and copiers) and coordinate service calls
- Provide general administrative support, including copying, binding, preparing mailing labels, etc.
- Maintain MS Outlook calendar for the office
- Review and approve invoices for regular office expenses
- Process office accounts payable expenses, create check requests, and respond to accounts payable inquires
- Prepare company credit card reconciliation statement, petty cash reconciliation statements, and parking validation log
- Process expense reports for office staff
Coordination & Scheduling
- Serve as a liaison between office and Corporate administrative staff
- Participate in a company-wide administrative group focused on collaboration and enhancing administrative services
- Coordinate with administrative staff from other offices, especially the Roseville office, having a willingness to take on some administrative duties from other offices in times of need
- Coordinate with office leadership on administrative needs for the office
- Request and process forms, such as insurance certificates, W-9s, and business certifications for projects and proposals
- Proofread and format reports and proposal documents in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Schedule and host social activities (i.e., holiday and birthday celebrations)
- Plan, prioritize, and schedule meetings and appointments for staff
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional office environment
- Solutions-oriented mindset with a high degree of client focus
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with general direction and guidance
- Commitment to high-quality, accurate, and timely work performance
- Ability to learn and execute responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with many new challenges
- Skills and experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with a variety of personalities and styles
- Flexible attitude and comfort with managing requests and instructions from a variety of individuals
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Motivation as a self-starter with strong initiative to take ownership of tasks and projects
- Desire to promote cohesion and unity among the team and the ability to be a positive and encouraging influence in the office
- Ability to demonstrate company core values: problem-solving attitude, humility and integrity, personal growth and self-improvement, responsive and hard working
Fehr & Peers is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in the workplace. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds, and hire without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
© 2017 – 2021 Fehr & Peers. All rights reserved.
© 2017 – 2021 Fehr & Peers. All rights reserved.