At Fehr & Peers, our mission is to empower every employee to develop effective and innovative transportation solutions that improve communities. We are focused on client service, collaborating and relying on each other as partners to find creative solutions that best serve individual and company needs. The Corporate Administration team provides solutions, options, and resources that keep the office running smoothly and effectively so staff throughout the company may fulfill our mission. We seek an enthusiastic and professional Administrative Specialist passionate about customer service to join our Corporate office team.
In this position, every day will be different and responsibilities will vary. Managing multiple requests with poise and the ability to meet deadlines amidst changing priorities will be key. The right candidate demonstrates capability in building and maintaining meaningful relationships and supporting the success of staff. With collaboration as a core value, this role pitches in wherever needed and provides initiative to reach out and assist others as a valued team member.
Our team provides a friendly, fun, and inclusive atmosphere focused on teamwork. Fehr & Peers also values career development, giving staff members opportunities for skill development, growth, and mentorship. This position offers the opportunity to represent Corporate Administration and serve all of our teams and offices, while learning and growing professionally at the same time.
Duties vary depending on the needs of the five Corporate Services teams (Accounting, Administration/Legal, Communications, Human Resources, and Information Technology), but the core responsibilities are as follows:
- Plan, coordinate, and/or set up and take down for in-office meetings and events, including placing food orders
- Learn and eventually oversee the Fehr & Peers store of branded collateral and tchotchkes
- Administer the client survey process by distributing surveys, entering survey results, and generating client survey reports
- Communicate with property management representatives and vendors as necessary
- Review, approve, and reconcile invoices for regular office expenses and submit to accounts payable for processing
- Complete credit card reconciliations
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Corporate Services staff
- Participate in a company-wide administrative group focused on collaboration and enhancement of administrative services
- Request and process forms, such as insurance certificates and W-9s
- Perform general troubleshooting on office equipment (printers and copiers) and coordinate service calls
- Audit data to ensure accuracy and processes to ensure efficiencies
- Contribute to and update Jive, our internal knowledge management system
- Provide HR support (job postings, career fair/logistic support, tracking of staff harassment and DEI trainings)
- Contribute to the execution of team and office action plans
- Serve as back-up to the part-time administrative assistant
- Perform other general requests as needed
- 3+ years of experience working in a professional office environment
- Solutions-oriented mindset with a high degree of client focus
- Intermediate experience in office computer software/systems, including Adobe Professional and Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in office event coordination within budget parameters
- Capacity to work independently with general direction and guidance
- Commitment to high-quality, accurate, and timely work performance
- Ability to learn and execute responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with many new challenges
- Skill in building and maintaining strong relationships with a variety of personalities and styles
- Flexible attitude and comfort with managing requests and instructions from a variety of individuals
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Motivation as a self-starter with strong initiative to take ownership of tasks and projects
- Desire to promote cohesion and unity among the team and the ability to be a positive and encouraging influence in the office
- Notary certification (desirable)
Fehr & Peers is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in the workplace. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds, and hire without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
© 2017 – 2021 Fehr & Peers. All rights reserved.
© 2017 – 2021 Fehr & Peers. All rights reserved.