Contribute to our future
Fehr & Peers DC opened in April 2015 and continues to be an exciting place to work as we build our brand in a new market. We may be a smaller staff of seven, but our employee-focused culture is committed to investing in formal training and providing hands-on experience and mentorship to grow and connect. While we have high expectations for our team, we have a strong sense of comradery amongst our staff and value transparency in our day-to-day environment. We enjoy touring local landmarks like the Supreme Court and Smithsonian together, our flexible work environment, and giving back to our community alongside organizations such as Martha’s Table and DC Central Kitchen. We’re seeking an Administrative and Marketing Specialist to support our DC office on project pursuits, marketing, and general administration. The right candidate will be interested in:
Cultivating an office environment that’s welcoming, organized, and efficient.
Developing workflows to streamline office and marketing processes.
Collaborating and sharing resources with staff at all levels in offices across the firm.
“Strong motivation and a positive attitude are essential keys to success in this position. With your support, the office will be able to take on more projects that improve communities through cutting-edge transportation solutions.”
“We need someone up to the challenges of our growing office! I look forward to partnering with a self-starter who will bring excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills to the team in order to help keep operations running smoothly.”
“This multi-tasking role provides the opportunity for developing and using multiple skillsets, which offers a lot of room for career development. These opportunities include providing support on proposals and projects to exercise and grow problem-solving and creativity skills.”
More About the Role
This role suits a highly motivated, personable, and organized self-starter with excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills along with a positive, can-do attitude. The position could be part-time or full-time and has the potential to grow and expand into a marketing-specific or regional role for the right individual.
- Assist project managers with project set-up and closing in our accounting and project management software
- Request and process necessary forms, such as insurance certificates, W-9s, business certifications, etc.
- Prepare project graphics and figures using appropriate industry software
General administrative support:
- Organize the office space to be professional in appearance (including storage areas and common office spaces), and keep commonly used areas clean and stocked with supplies
- Coordinate food orders and set up/take down for lunch and other office meetings
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and faxes
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies
- Coordinate meetings and events as requested
- Communicate with Property Management and vendors as necessary
- Perform general troubleshooting on office equipment (computers, printers, and copiers) and coordinate service calls
- Review and approve invoices for regular office expenses
- Be the liaison between office staff and the Corporate administrative staff
- Participate in a company-wide administrative group focused on collaboration and enhancing administrative services
- Support the Operations Manager in office operations
- Request and process necessary forms, such as business certifications and SF330 forms
- Organize, write, update, and design office qualifications (Requests for Proposals, Requests for Qualifications, etc.) and other marketing materials
- Organize and produce portions of marketing proposals
- Track and communicate new marketing opportunities internally
- Help to maintain an office social media presence both internally and publicly
- Provide creative and organizational oversight of office marketing pursuits
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Management, English, Communications, Marketing, or similar field is required
- Experience working in a professional business environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external associates
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with many new challenges
- Personable and positive demeanor; expression of a can-do attitude and strong initiative
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work well under time pressure
- Poise and maturity to be a Fehr & Peers representative to clients and potential employees, including the ability to articulate business goals, vision, culture and environment
- Customer focus, interpersonal and teamwork skills with a proven ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Intermediate or advanced experience in office computer software/systems, including Adobe Professional and Microsoft Office (required)
- Intermediate experience in document layout and graphic design software including Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator (preferred)
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, Fehr & Peers DC welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.