Champion our office culture
Our Denver office of 11 is seeking a supportive, collaborative Administrative Assistant to join our team of professionals dedicated to improving communities through innovative multimodal transportation solutions. As the Administrative Assistant you’ll champion our office events including volunteering, happy hours, and lunchtime pizza and bowling in our building’s own bowling alley, as well as annual ski trips, summer cookouts, and holiday parties. You’ll also have opportunities to provide project and accounting support. This is the perfect opportunity to grow your natural strengths in:
Staying organized and on top of recurring responsibilities while juggling other requests that come up and navigating changing priorities.
Communicating clearly and effectively to different groups across the company to understand how you can support them.
Learning new skills and finding ways to raise the bar and elevate efficiency for our office through your motivation to always learn.
“The Denver office is a collaborative team of talented individuals and we are excited to welcome an Administrative Assistant to our team! I look forward to working closely with someone who is personable, reliable, and dedicated to help support the Denver office in running smoothly and effectively.”
“If you are eager to learn new skills, then this is the place for you. There is always company-wide support to lean on for collaboration and best practices. I’ve appreciated the abundance of resources here and the autonomy to find efficiencies in my work.”
“I am looking for a resourceful and motivated self-starter I can rely on who is open to taking on a variety of tasks. An individual who values providing exceptional customer service will be successful here on our team.”
More About the Role
This is a part-time position.
General administrative support:
- Be our first contact to clients, greet and orient visitors, answer incoming phone calls and transfer them as appropriate
- Organize the office space to be professional in appearance (including storage areas and common office spaces, and keep commonly used areas clean and stocked with supplies)
- Coordinate food orders and set up/take down for lunch and other office meetings
- Coordinate incoming/outgoing mail and packages
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies
- Coordinate meetings and events as requested
- Communicate with Property Management and vendors as necessary
- Perform general troubleshooting on office equipment (computers, printers, and copiers) and coordinate service calls
- Review and code invoices for regular office expenses
- Be the liaison between office staff and the Corporate administrative staff
- Participate in a companywide administrative group focused on collaboration and enhancing administrative services
- Coordinate with administrative staff from other offices, including a willingness to take on some administrative duties from other offices in times of need
- Provide general administrative support, including copying, binding, preparing mailing labels, copying CDs, etc.
- Handle requests from and coordinate with the office leadership on administrative needs for the office
- Organize and produce electronic and hard-copy deliverables for proposals and projects
- Assist with project set-up in our accounting and project management software
- Reconcile petty cash
- Submit office’s accounts payable expenses, create check requests, respond to accounts payable inquires
- Assist with oversight of accounts receivables and contact client representatives regarding outstanding invoices
- Request and process forms, such as insurance certificates, W-9s, and business certifications for projects and proposals
- Experience working in a professional business environment, preferably within the Architecture and Engineering (A&E) or Consulting industry
- Commitment to high quality, reliable and timely work performance
- Intermediate or advanced experience in office computer software/systems including Adobe Acrobat Professional and Microsoft Office
- Prior experience with Deltek Vision or other project management software preferred
- Poise and maturity to be a Fehr & Peers representative to clients and potential employees, including the ability to articulate business goals, vision, culture, and environment
- Customer focus, and interpersonal/teamwork skills with a proven ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external associates
- Strong initiative and desire to work in a fast-paced working environment with many new challenges
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work well under time pressure
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Management, Accounting or similar field; or equivalent work experience preferred but not required
Fehr & Peers is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in the workplace. We welcome applicants of diverse backgrounds, and hire without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, military service or any other characteristic protected by law.