Influence Transportation Design in Southern California
…as our Regional Design Practice Leader
We’re a company of entrepreneurial individuals empowered to collaborate, innovate, and develop creative solutions that improve communities. We’re seeking an experienced leader to join our transportation engineering design team in Southern California. With established offices in the region, we’re looking for an individual who’s passionate about design and thrives in an environment that encourages initiative, vision, autonomy, and creativity. Working closely with Regional market leaders, our Director of Engineering, as well as individual office leaders and local engineering staff, we’re looking for someone able to leverage existing and new opportunities to grow our SoCal design practice. Does that sound like you?
We're not Corporate driven.
We’re given autonomy to make our own name in the market, cultivate our own clients, and develop our own projects.
Collaboration is a core value.
Direct access to technical experts from around the company for advice and teaming makes for a fulfilling work environment.
This is a true leadership opportunity.
…with steep growth potential. You’ll be empowered to inspire and shape our SoCal design practice.
We put our money where our mouth is.
We invest our own money in R&D inspired initiatives to propel the state-of-the-practice.
“There’s a high demand for my services from many great clients. With each request, I consistently aim to exceed expectations. I’d like someone to partner with to cultivate relationships with my existing clients that extend beyond a specific project.”Mike
“We have grown our planning and engineering practices to include concept designs and visualizations on many projects. We’d love to continue to innovate into the final design stages and provide that additional value to our clients.”Sarah
“I have several staff that are eager and enthusiastic to grow their design skills. I’m looking for someone to provide them that opportunity through mentoring, knowledge sharing, and collaboration.”Spencer
“We help our clients develop transportation systems that safely and efficiently serve people walking, biking, riding transit, driving, or getting dropped off at the curb. We are looking for someone to lead the engineering design end of this process for Southern California.”Matt
More About the Role
We provide planning and engineering services associated with all modes of transportation. As part of our suite of services, we provide specialty transportation engineering design services, including traffic signal, lighting and ITS, as well as facilities for pedestrians, bicyclists, and transit. These design services typically complement our work in other areas of transportation planning and engineering. We provide support for civil engineering design firms, as well as public agencies.
Through extensive field work, close coordination with other members of the design team (during design and construction), and an excellent quality control program, we are leaders in the transportation design industry. We do not provide, nor do we intend to provide, traditional civil engineering design services. Your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Training and mentoring enthusiastic design staff
- Identifying project opportunities and successfully leading competitive marketing pursuits
- Managing projects and developing solid internal, and client relationships
- Providing quality control oversight of technical analysis
- Performing field work, such as site review prior to design and support during construction
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation, civil or electrical engineering, or a closely-related field
- A civil engineering license in CA, electrical license is a plus
- More than 7 years of experience in hands-on transportation engineering assignments
- Significant experience with direct client interaction in Southern CA
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and unexpected requirement changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Fehr & Peers offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Beyond that, we’re an extraordinary place to work. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, Fehr & Peers welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
- Built protected bikeway designs including connecting Colorado Esplanade to the Santa Monica Pier.
- Bikeway concept design for Los Angeles’ Rail to River Corridor
- Signal and LRT design for San Diego’s Petco Ballpark Villages