From day-to-day to big picture strategy,
lead our full-service HR team
As a transportation consulting firm focused on improving communities, Fehr & Peers’ engineers and planners are professionals in helping to determine how to most effectively move people from place to place. Our 3-person Human Resources team supports our firm’s 270+ staff located in 14 offices throughout the western U.S. and Washington D.C.
Charged with developing a trusted advisor relationship with staff across the firm, we partner and share knowledge to attract, develop, and retain talent. We operate as part of a larger Corporate Services team to support the business within our culture of local office autonomy and minimal bureaucracy. We are looking for an HR Manager to…
Cultivate our company culture. Through a motivated commitment to client service, you will foster positive relationships with staff and deliver programs to increase employee engagement.
Provide vision, strategy, and professional development. You will provide direction in delivering exceptional human resources services that benefit the firm and empower each individual’s professional development.
Collaborate and identify creative approaches. In partnership with others around the firm, you will develop and execute recruiting strategies to differentiate and promote the company as an employer of choice.
I’m looking for someone to partner with to develop and implement company-wide recruiting strategies that consider each individual office’s perspectives and needs. The ideal person would be strategic to lead the practice, and hands-on to guide the process.Kathrin
As a local hiring manager in the competitive Bay Area job market, I am looking to collaborate with someone who brings creative ideas that allow us to attract and retain the best employees.Matt
As the other two members of the HR team, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to our employees. We’re looking for someone to partner with on HR initiatives, from brainstorming and planning, to execution and implementation. Someone who can serve as a sounding board and help set the vision for the future of HR at Fehr & Peers. The ideal fit would be a true collaborator and team player who’s equally passionate about the life cycle of talent management.
Tina & Kristina | Human Resources Team
More About the Role
The Human Resources Manager will lead the development, implementation and administration of best practices, strategies and policies of all aspects of Human Resources that emphasize professional growth and employee empowerment.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, service-oriented, and motivated by opportunities to connect with people. Someone with a positive, can-do attitude, who when faced with challenges seeks solutions through collaboration. This individual will possess the ability to strategize and come up with creative ideas, and a readiness to roll up their sleeves to execute the work. Specific responsibilities for this hands-on management role are:
- Lead the development and implementation of all aspects of Human Resources, including talent acquisition, training and development, benefits, employment law compliance, and policy development and implementation, that aligns with the company’s culture and business goals
- Provide the vision, strategy and professional development for the company’s 3-person HR team
- Participate as an active member of a CO leadership team contributing to the overall vision and development of Corporate Services
- Collaborate with local office leadership on HR-related aspects of the business
- Develop and implement best practices in recruitment strategies to attract, engage, and build a pipeline of diverse top talent in collaboration with the Principal-in-Charge, including:
- Building the Fehr & Peers brand in partnership with the Communications team, leveraging social media and other communication tools to differentiate and promote the company as the employer of choice
- Managing our college recruiting program, including identifying university on-campus outreach opportunities, coordinating events and fostering relationships with professors and university contacts
- Developing and coordinating a recruiting plan for immediate openings with hiring managers
- Providing training and education on recruiting, such as interviewing tips and best practices
- Maintaining recruiting metrics and data to evaluate the overall effectiveness of the recruiting program
- Provide strategy and implement Fehr & Peers Career Development in collaboration with Principal-in-Charge
- Guide and deliver training to managers on employee/labor relations
- Develop and implement companywide initiatives and employee programs
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience with an emphasis in talent acquisition; with at least five years in a management role
- Advanced understanding and application of HR disciplines including Talent Management, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, and Change Management
- Demonstrated ability to contribute at both a strategic and operational level
- Knowledgeable of Federal and California State employment laws
- Demonstrated ability and experience working effectively in a self-directed, proactive, results-oriented, fast-paced creative environment across all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication, conflict resolution, problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership, managerial and organizational skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Solid working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP preferred
Ready to apply?
Fehr & Peers offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Beyond that, we’re an extraordinary place to work.
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, Fehr & Peers welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.