If you’re a smart-working, hard-playing, creative individual, looking for a place to exercise and expand your GIS, CAD, and Graphic Design skills? Then Fehr & Peers is the place for you. Our mission is to empower our employees to find innovative solutions to improve communities. Visual Communication is the vehicle that conveys those solutions.
Fehr & Peers specializes in providing transportation planning and traffic engineering services to public and private sector clients. We emphasize the development of creative, cost-effective, and results-oriented solutions to planning and design problems associated with all modes of transportation.
We are looking for a qualified individual who specialize in GIS, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and Visual Simulation software that have an open mind, creative ability, a technical mind set, and is willing to do what it takes to build the bridge between analytical details and graphic design. This person will support the Southern California region. The position is located in Santa Monica, Irvine, or San Diego.
Does this describe you?
• Leads by example and encouragement.
• Strives to create inspiring designs that challenge the market place.
• Researches new and innovative technologies.
• Relates and communicates ideas clearly with a collaborative, positive attitude.
• Contributes through passion and self-motivated focus to a wide variety of design applications and convergent disciplines.
• Has a passion for learning new industry standards and cutting edge software programs.
• Readiness to embark on the path of innovative illustration.
• Zealous immersion in the art of Visual Communication using a wide variety of software applications.
Here are the qualifications:
• Industry experience of 5+ years using ArcMAP in a production environment and/or a degree in geography.
• Must demonstrate the ability to create and manage Geodatabases, develop or use modeling tools, and develop / maintain visual standards.
• Able to work and communicate effectively with existing Visual Communication staff and engineers/planners.
• Industry experience using Adobe products.
• Industry experience using 3D tools such as Google Sketchup, 3D Studio Max, or Lightwave.
• Experience in creating presentations using PowerPoint or Keynote.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and some of the program functionality.
• Portfolio containing finished projects using GIS, graphic design applications, and/or 3D simulations.
Fehr & Peers offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Beyond that, we’re an extraordinary place to work. We’re devoted to supporting our employees through internal training programs and company-wide discipline groups focused on continually improving our skills. For additional information on our company, visit us at www.fehrandpeers.com.
Please apply by completing an online application, including sending a cover letter and resume: