Provide excellent customer service and support…
As a transportation consulting firm focused on improving communities, Fehr & Peers’ engineers and planners are professionals in helping to determine how to most effectively move people place to place. Each office and region has its own personality and unique needs, so the Corporate Services team exists to minimize bureaucracy and create customized solutions. We are ready for an Accounts Payable Specialist to…
Support companywide strategies. Our team is committed to reporting clear, accurate and timely financial information so that informed strategies can be developed that support the Company’s goals and growth.
Engage with a variety of staff. Our supportive work environment is defined by providing the elements required to run a successful business for engineers and planners.
Grow professionally. We strive for excellence by embracing a spirit of professionalism, integrity and teamwork.
I look forward to finding someone who is compatible with the team and shows a high-level of commitment to his or her work. When we all work together, we’re able to accomplish so much.Cynthia
I’m looking for someone who thinks outside the box, and has a problem solving attitude. Someone who is able to think quickly when sudden projects arise or staff are in need of assistance will thrive in our fast-paced environment.Lindsey
As the leader of the Corporate Accounting team, I am seeking individuals who have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as being process oriented. The ideal candidate is someone who can collaborate with their team members, seek solutions for our internal clients and is excited to learn and grow in their profession.Lysa
More About the Role
About the Team
The Accounting team’s primary responsibility is to ensure the financial integrity of the company. Our team is committed to reporting clear, accurate and timely financial information so that informed strategies can be developed that support the Company’s goals and growth. We strive for excellence by embracing a spirit of professionalism, integrity and teamwork and by supporting each team member in their personal growth. Our team is comprised of 9 professionals who are committed to providing excellent customer service and support as part of the Corporate Services team. We support our offices located in California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Portland, Washington and Utah.
About the Role
- Full-cycle Accounts Payable processing including:
- Review and coding of invoices, expense reports, and credit card purchases
- Preparation of batch check runs, wire transfers and ACH transactions
- Assist with month-end AP close process
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and expense reports
- Vendor correspondence via phone and email
- File and maintain accounting documents
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounts Payable department
You thrive in an environment that encourages initiative, vision, autonomy and creativity. When facing unusual or unfamiliar scenarios, you see opportunities for exploration. You seek solutions through teamwork and collaboration.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related preferred
- 3+ years of direct work experience with full-cycle AP in a high volume, fast-paced professional environment
- Experience with Deltek Vision preferred but not required
- Proficient in the MS office Suite of products (Excel, Word and Outlook), and one or more accounting programs
- Ability to learn, communicate, and perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Is a motivated self-starter, ambitious, dependable, and reliable
- Works independently and is detail-oriented
- Has strong organizational skills and is solution-oriented
About Fehr & Peers
Fehr & Peers has specialized in providing multimodal transportation planning and engineering services to public and private sector clients since 1985. Our commitment to the firm’s unique culture is unparalleled in our industry. Partnering with staff to create opportunities for development provides continuous career growth. We consistently seek and encourage feedback to identify areas for individual, team, and firm-wide improvement. Our robust, internally-funded research and development program enables us to develop new analytical methods and advance the state of the practice. We are very proud of the impact our commitment has had on the communities we have been fortunate to serve.
Ready to apply?
Fehr & Peers offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Beyond that, we’re an extraordinary place to work.
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, Fehr & Peers welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.